I am always looking for new ways to cook with tofu, and lately I have been on a Summer salad kick. My recent favorite was the Cobb, until I made this one!
I found the BBQ tofu recipe on the back of my tofu box and it was so delicious! Since it’s grilling season, it was easy and fun to throw the tofu on the grill for some extra flavor! Just make sure to use extra firm tofu if you are grilling it. You don’t want it to fall apart on the grill.
- 1 package of extra-firm tofu
- 5 Tbs of soy sauce
- 5 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs BBQ sauce
- Spinach and Arugula
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup of diced cooked potatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- Shredded dairy-free cheese
- 1 cup Corn
- Bitchin Sauce (optional)
- Tomatoes ( optional )
- In a medium bowl add diced potatoes with avocado oil, salt, pepper, paprika and mix well.
- Bake the potatoes at 400 for 20-25 minutes in the oven until crispy
- While the potatoes are cooking, make your tofu marinade: Mix the soy sauce, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, lime juice, salt + pepper, garlic and BBQ sauce in a bowl.
- Drain your tofu and slice into strips.
- Using a brush, coat the tofu with your marinade.
- If using frozen corn, cook your corn.
- Drain and rinse your black beans.
- Spray the grill before cooking the tofu & cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Prepare your salad in a large bowl – add your spinach/arugula mix, black beans, corn, potatoes and tomatoes.
- Top with tofu and cilantro
- For some extra heat, drizzle on some Chipotle Bitchin’ sauce