I love a good savory breakfast if it’s later in the morning and I really want something filling. I’ve been using tofu as scrambled egg substitutes for a while now, and I play around with different recipes all the time. This recipe was super simple and took hardly any time at all. I love tacos, so a breakfast burrito was the perfect meal for me. I’ve recently become obsessed with Chipotle Bitchin Sauce and it was so delicious on the burrito that I ended up having 2 this morning!
- 1 pack of extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 2 Tbs of mustard
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup shredded non-dairy cheese
- 1 Tbs of garlic
- *Optional – 1 Tbs of Bitchin Sauce and green onions
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat with avocado oil
- Drain Tofu
- In a medium mixing bowl add your tofu and use a fork to mash it up into small crumbles. Add in your mustard, garlic, nutritional yeast, cheese, turmeric and salt + pepper. Mix well.
- Cook on the stove for 5 minutes until heated through
- Build your burrito! I like to add green onions and Chipotle Bitchin sauce. Enjoy!