This recipe came from a craving for tacos, but not wanting traditional Mexican tacos. I had a bunch of frozen cauliflower on hand and was in the mood for something spicy! They’re super crispy, easy to make and sooo delicious!
For the cauliflower wings:
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings sauce ( or BBQ sauce if you don’t want it spicy )
For the tacos:
- lettuce or greens chopped
- avocado – cut into strips
- juice from one lime
- green onions chopped into rings
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Vegan avocado mayo
- hot sauce
- Vegan Queso cheese “Good Foods” brand
- 6 medium tortillas ( I love Siete because they are grain free! )
- Heat the oven to 350
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, plant-based milk, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets ( or you can use frozen! ) Dip the florets into the batter, so they’re completely coated.
- Roll them into the panko breadcrumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Don’t put them on top of each other. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and dip them into the hot sauce or BBQ sauce. Coat evenly. Put them back on the baking sheet and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Combine your Vegan mayo + hot sauce for an additional dipping sauce.
- Serve the cauliflower wings on the tacos with your lettuce or greens, green onions, cilantro, avocado, Vegan queso sauce and freshly squeezed lime juice.
These are my favorite taco plates! They are great, especially for kids. Your tacos will stand up and not fall over. When I made this recipe & first took pictures, I forgot to use them!