I found this recipe from The Simple Veganista and made a few additions/tweaks. It took a couple of tries and some help from my oldest daughter, but we finally perfected the recipe and it’s delicious! It’s quick, easy and you probably already have the ingredients on hand. Warm banana bread on a cold, Fall morning always makes me happy!
- 1 3/4 cups flour ( I used chickpea )
- 1/3 cup sugar ( I used coconut sugar )
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup of applesauce ( equivalent to one kids’ sized pouch )
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medium sized overripe bananas
- 1 cup of dairy free chocolate chips
- ½ cup of pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your loaf pan.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mash your bananas, add applesauce and vanilla.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and mix well, but don’t overmix.
- If you have lumps and mixture seems too thick ( which could happen if you use whole wheat flour or spelt,) then you may need to add a little bit of dairy free milk.
- Add optional chocolate chips and pecans and mix together.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.